Treat yourself to this flavorsome and quick-to-make peanut butter smoothie recipe.
I) The ingredients you’ll need
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 1 tbsp. peanut butter
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup ice cubes
II) The superstar ingredient of this recipe
- Improves heart health: Peanut butter is high in oleic acid, omega-6 and arginine, which are shown to help maintain good cholesterol, blood sugar and blood pressure, hence reducing the risk of heart disease.
- Provides anticancer properties: Peanut butter contains antioxidants like manganese, vitamin E, vitamin B, coumaric acid and resveratrol, which prevent and repair cell damage in the body and also provide anti-cancer effects.
- Reduces the risk of diabetes: The oleic acid in peanut butter helps reduce the body’s insulin resistance, hence preventing increased blood sugar levels that may lead to diabetes over time.
III) How to prepare the smoothie
Mix all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
Enjoy your smoothie!