Surprise yourself with this easy-to-make and delicious strawberry banana smoothie, which is not only tasty but very healthy, as well.
I) The ingredients you’ll need
- 2 cups strawberries
- 1 banana
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (optional)
II) What are the benefits of each of these ingredients?
- Lower blood sugar: The anthocyanins found in strawberries help regulate our use of insulin and slow down our digestion of glucose, which in turn lower blood sugar.
- Boost your immunity: Due to their high content of Vitamin C, strawberries can help strengthen your immune system.
- Increase collagen production: The Vitamin C and ellagic acid found in strawberries can increase the production of collagen, improve skin’s elasticity and fight wrinkles in the long term.
- Reduce inflammation: Strawberries are rich in antioxidants and phytochemicals, which reduce inflammation and support heart health.
- Support heart health: Due to their high potassium and magnesium content, bananas help lower blood pressure as well as the risk of heart diseases.
- Support digestion: Fibers found in bananas, such as resistant starch and pectin can support digestive health, while also protecting against colon cancer.
- Improve blood sugar levels: Bananas are rich in soluble fiber and resistant starch, which can regulate blood sugar levels as well as your appetite.
- Provide antioxidant protection: The antioxidants found in bananas can prevent cells from oxidative damage caused by free radicals.
- Is highly nutritious: Almond milk contains several vitamins, minerals and nutrients, such as Vitamin E, Calcium, Potassium, Magnesium, Riboflavin and Phosphorus.
- Does not raise blood sugar: When unsweetened, almond milk does not affect your blood sugar levels, which makes it suitable for people with diabetes.
- Improves bone health: Almond milk can be a great alternative for those who cannot consume regular dairy products but still want an excellent source of calcium to maintain the health of their bones.
- Supports heart health: Almond milk contains Vitamin E and polyphenols, which both have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties to support heart health.
- Strengthens your bones: Greek yogurt is high in Calcium and protein, which helps strengthen the bones and reduce the risk of osteoporosis, a degenerative bone disease.
- Improves gut health: Greek yogurt is rich in probiotics, which help restore the health of the gut.
- Reduces appetite: As it is rich in protein, Greek yogurt can reduce hunger and help you consume less calories overall during the day.
- Supports building muscle mass: Due to its high protein content, Greek yogurt can help build muscle mass in people doing resistance training.
III) How to prepare the smoothie
- Mix all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Leave out the yogurt for a daily-free version.
- Enjoy your smoothie!