Pamper yourself with this easy-to-make DIY Turmeric mask, which will instantly brighten your skin.
I) The ingredients you’ll need
- 2 tbsp. plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp. turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp. organic raw honey
Important: We recommend patch-testing the ingredients first in order to ensure that you aren't allergic to any of them.
II) What are the skin benefits of each of these ingredients?
1. Plain yogurt:
- Moisturizes the skin: Plain yogurt is rich in Vitamin B2, B5 and B12, which moisturize, hydrate and heal dry skin.
- Gently exfoliates the skin surface to fade fine lines: Yogurt contains lactic acid, a type of Alpha Hydroxy Acid known to gently exfoliate the skin, remove dead skin cells and reduce fine lines and wrinkles over time.
- Evens out the skin tone: The lactic acid found in yogurt inhibits tyrosinase production, while the vitamin B12 improves hyperpigmentation in the skin.
- Reduces blemishes: Yogurt is rich in zinc and probiotics, which help reduce inflammation and redness in the skin, as well as the growth of acne-causing bacteria.
2. Turmeric powder:
- Gives skin a natural glow: Turmeric is high in antioxidants and naturally increases blood flow, giving skin a natural glow.
- Reduces blemishes: Thanks to its anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties, turmeric helps to reduce breakouts and redness.
- Reduces dark circles, acne scars and evens out the skin tone: The curcumin in turmeric helps to regulate excess melanin production, lightens scars and evens out the skin tone, and may even help banish dark circles under the eyes.
3. Organic raw honey:
- Reduces blemishes: Honey has anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties, which help to reduce blemishes and soothe redness.
- Hydrates the skin: Honey is a humectant and naturally moisturizes the skin, keeping it soft and hydrated.
- Heals wounds and acne scars: Honey can speed up the healing of wounds and fade acne scars over time.
- Fights eczema and psoriasis: Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, honey can soothe symptoms of eczema and psoriasis, too.
III) How to apply the mask
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Apply the mixture evenly over your face.
- After 20 minutes, rinse the mask with lukewarm water and a dark-colored cloth (as the mask may stain).
- Enjoy your glowing and healthy-looking skin!